After a 2 week challenge to encourage participants to promote the video all around (the winner is the group Tempio Della Pizza), we are very happy to present you the video of our 4.3 Training ''Youth In The Dragons Den'' . A BIG THANK YOU to the British Council team, our Dragons and other partners.
Thursday, 23 May 2013
Thursday, 14 March 2013
Friday, 8 March 2013
Here are some last info you need before the beginning of the training tomorrow.
I received a question regarding clothes you will need to wear. You can wear any clothes you want during the training (casual…). But maybe you may want to be a little smarter for the British Council Dragons Den than the rest of the week.
Arrival. So as I told you we expect you to arrive around 13.00 tomorrow at the Roseview hotel (2 Queens Ave, Muswell Hill, Greater London N10), where we will have our afternoon activities. But you will then stay in another place: Venue 2: Guy Chester Centre (Chester House Page's Ln, London N10 1PR).
Activities will begin at 14.00.
Please keep me inform of any delays.
Please do not forget, that we will not reimburse any Taxi Cost or Oyster Card. It is better to buy a underground ticket. You don’t need a day ticket, so just buy a single ticket to East Finchley (Zone 3!). ASK A RECEIPT when you buy your tickets!
Don’t forget to look at the maps, I put on the blog: http://43youthinthedragonsden.blogspot.co.uk/p/venues.html
IMPORTANT: DO NOT LOOSE YOUR ORIGINAL TICKETS IF YOU WANT TO BE REIMBURSED!
- For those who are arriving by bus / coach, you shouldn’t have any issues in keeping all your tickets.
- For those who are arriving by train, be careful at the train station : to get out of the station, there are machine asking you for your tickets. Please, ask a member of staff (there are always one or two persons working next to the machines) to let you pass through. If he is asking why, just say that you need all your tickets to be reimburse !
- For the underground, ask a receipt when you buy your single ticket. To get out of the station, there are machine asking you for your tickets. Please, ask a member of staff (there are always one or two persons working next to the machines) to let you pass through. If he is asking why, just say that you need all your tickets to be reimburse !
Thursday, 7 March 2013
Saturday afternoon from 14.00, we will run an activity to get to know each participant. This activity needs some preparation. We will ask you to sell something we believe is unmarketable. This task will be quite difficult.
The products we want you to sell us are probably against your values and culture, so you really will have to show us your ‘ability to convince’ and your selling skills.
You will have 3 minutes to present your product or concept, its benefits or added value and convince other people to buy it. This presentation must include a short presentation of yourself.
You will have to give the best of you and make a good presentation with any format you want: speaking, PowerPoint, why not create a video! Don’t forget you will only have 3 minutes to present!
Here are some ideas of product you could try, but you can also come with another idea of an unmarketable product.
- New model of cigarettes for children, for example you may describe how they have been made smaller for children’s hands, or how the boxes have been designed by children…use your imagination, feel free to make an example of your product to show us.
- Burgers made 100% horse meat.
- A new Clothing brand, which is 100% made by Children.
- Factory producing plastic glasses: This company want to encourage people to use disposable plastic glasses at home instead of washable cups.
- Innovative pets shop. Selling exclusively foxes as pets.
Public advertising campaign:
- Use cars instead of public transport.
Let your imagination run away!